Esta práctica sexual consiste en mantener relaciones sexuales esporádicas en lugares públicos, ya sean al aire libre o en recintos cerrados, con personas desconocidas de su mismo sexo. La palabra viene del inglés y significa "ir de crucero".
No tiene porque ser una práctica exclusiva de homosexuales, es más, muchos de los hombres que frecuentan los puntos de cruising están casados y tienen una vida pública heterosexual, únicamente quieren calmar sus inquietudes o probar cosas nuevas, con la tranquilidad de que su identidad es totalmente anónima.
Los lugares de encuentro también se suelen acordar a través de Internet, como se hace con el dogging. Suelen haber foros o webs dedicadas al cruising, para poder acordar puntos de encuentro, día y hora.
Aunque dejando de lado que se puedan acordar "citas grupales" es sabido que hay zonas conocidas como puntos de cruising, como por ejemplo pueden ser parques, aparcamiento, áreas de descanso de las autopistas, lavabos de centros comerciales, estaciones de autobuses o tren, zonas de bosque...o incluso los lugares conocidos por excelencia como puntos de cruising o más como zona homosexual son los faros de las playas.
Cruising for sex
Cruising for sex, or cruising is the act of walking or driving about a locality in search of a sex partner, usually of the anonymous, casual, one-time variety. The term is also used when technology is used to find casual sex, such as using an Internet site or a telephone service.
Origin and historical usage
In a specifically sexual context, the term "cruising" originally emerged as an argot "code word" in gay slang, by which those "in the know" would understand the speaker's unstated sexual intent, whereas most heterosexuals, on hearing the same word in the same context, would normally misread the speaker's intended meaning in the word's more common (and presumably less threatening) nonsexual sense. This served (and in some contexts, still serves) as a protective sociolinguistic mechanism for gay men to recognize not only each other, but those who may wish to do them harm in broader societies noted for their homophobia.
In the latter half of the twentieth century, decriminalization of homosexual behaviour increasingly became the norm in English-speaking countries. The protective barrier once provided by the term "cruising" as a "code word" has therefore largely broken down and, arguably, become increasingly irrelevant. Thus the specifically sexual meaning of the term has passed into common usage to include the sexual behavior of heterosexual persons, as well.
The Berkeley Police Department has described the city's Aquatic Park as a "historical" cruising area and the press has noted that it is subject to dozens of men 24 hours a day for decades.
Public health officials have noted that cruising locations are frequented by men who have sex with men but do not identify with being homosexual or bisexual, that are closeted, married or in relationships with women, do not date men or frequent gay bars, clubs or websites, or have otherwise no other way of meeting men for sex. Remarkably enough there is a sex club 2 blocks away called Steamworks.
Regional usage variants
As with all argot, regional variants abound. In the United States, the term "cruising" continues to predominantly denote exclusively homosexual behaviour. In Australia and the United Kingdom, however, it is used by both homosexuals and heterosexuals to describe their own behaviour, as witnessed in the common male heterosexual derivative phrase "cruising for chicks".
dogging-in-the-woods - 5 min
Historic examples of usage
The term has been enshrined since at least the mid-1970s in the name of the gay bar Foxes Booze 'n' Cruise, located on Historic US Highway 66 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Before closing, the business came under criticism for allegedly encouraging drunk driving by some who did not understand the term's historic usage, but the name and the sign remain a conscious reminder of gay history.
The term has also been adopted, in an altered form, by the website qruiser.com, an online LGBT community based in Sweden. This is a tongue in cheek reference, however, as the community functions as a forum for social interaction for the Scandinavian region, rather than focusing on exclusively sexual encounters. The website has also attracted many heterosexual members as well.
In popular culture
Cruising for sex is alluded to in songs such as "Cruisin' the Streets" by the Boys Town Gang as well as "I'm a Cruiser" by the Village People. In 1980, director William Friedkin made the movie Cruising, starring Al Pacino. The film introduced many audiences to homosexual activities and the linguistic codes used for them, but gay rights groups perceived a negative depiction of the gay community in the film and protested its production.
19yr Teen BBW Nikki huge natural tits & 2 older guys public sex UK - 8 min
Leah Joshi First Time Dogging - 5 min
Gay - Cruising for sex
Cruising isn't something invented by gay men, but like many enjoyable things, it is an activity perfected by gay men. Unlike most pleasures, no one is (yet) giving courses on how to cruise. Yet, there are many common sense things a cruiser can do not only to improve your odds of getting dick, but also to reduce the risks of arrest and of endangering a cruise spot by getting unwanted notice from non-cruisers.
Below are some suggestions I've developed from my own experiences, e-mail correspondence with guys who visit this site, and writings of others (most notably columnist Michael Scarce). The bottom line when cruising is always trust your instinct. Be aware of your surroundings, know your civil rights, and never go into a situation without being fully aware that there can be serious consequences (sadly) when cruising for sex.
1. Use common sense. The key to keeping public sex alive and well in your favorite place is to conduct yourself using common sense and simple civility towards other cruisers and the general public.
2. Trust your instincts! They rarely let us down. If it seems too good to be true, it may very well be. If you feel unsafe for any reason, walk away.
3. Work on overcoming shame. Shame creeps into all aspects of our sex lives -- whether it is the abuse we are willing to take from staff in adult establishments or the unsanitary conditions we tolerate. Your own willingness to endanger yourself and others can also be another indicator of how shameful you may feel to be enjoying yourself in a toilet stall or public park. Shame is very hard to overcome, but it can be done. Sex is a life-affirming, healthy part of life.
4. If you find your favorite tearoom stall is busy, don't decide to simply hang out in the common area of the toilet. Walk around the mall or campus a bit and come back later. If you arrive and someone else is already there waiting but after a while it is clear that person is not interested, give up your stall and leave. Don't take it personally, you may not be his type. Sitting there, trying to outlast him is not in the spirit of friendly cruising.
5. Don't hog the stall. Others wish to use the stall for the same reason you are there, plus others just want to relieve themselves of other bodily needs. The same for bookstore arcades: if there are only two adjoining booths with a gloryhole try not to hog it for hours on end. I try to monitor the degree of foot traffic and if it is busy, limit my time to no more than 45 minutes. Take a break and let others have their turn at dick.
6. Remember that adult retail establishments are in the business of making money -- not providing a free lounge for you and your buddies. "Spend money or leave," is hardly a ridiculous demand for clerks to make in video arcades. At the same time, the clerk needs to show patrons respect and treat them with dignity. If you're abused and you believe you can risk consequences (not always true in a town with only one bookstore) confront the clerk in the way you would in any establishment you patronize.
7. Make sure you 'fit in' with the place you are visiting. If you hang out all day on a college campus and you aren't college age, don't be surprised if suspicions are raised and/or horny college students give you a nasty look. If you are heading into 'blue-collar' territory, make sure you wear Dickies and can 'act' the part. Ditto for 'white-collar' places.
8. Respect the expressed or implied wishes of other cruisers. If a man or group of men indicates they wish to be left alone, do your best to respect their wishes. At the same time, men who frequent sexclubs, parks and theatres give up a certain degree of privacy and should not be shocked when others huddle around to watch you go at it over in the corner with your newfound friend. Furthermore, groping is part of the scene almost everywhere. Nevertheless, a firm 'no' should be treated as just that.
9. Know the difference between discretion and recklessness. Going at it in the middle of a public toilet is bound to get everyone into trouble if it happens too often. Doing it in a park in daylight, in winter when the brush has been reduced, is going to lead to unwanted attention.
10. Wherever you are, clean up after you're done. Don't leave discarded rubbers and used tissue all over the place. Litter is a first source of complaints by the general public for many cruisy places.
11. Have fun and don't take yourself or the pursuit of dick so seriously! Remember that fellow cruisers are not the enemy and try to treat others with dignity and respect (if deserved, of course).
12. If the situation arises, 'come out' as a cruiser. This is a critical part of surviving: the more people put a face on the behavior, the less likely these people will also vilify cruisers as perverts and predators.
EXAMPLES OF CRUISING
* Arcades and Theaters
Example of a thoughtful bookstore patron:
>> "The clerks can be tough sometimes, but people have to remember to spend a little money here and there, and they don't bother you then. There are 2 pair of booths with gloryholes, and 8 booths with no holes. Pairing is allowed, if you are sly."
Example of an obnoxious bookstore clerk:
>> "We went there yesterday (Sunday) and stayed only about 10 minutes. In the short time we were there the attendant (a bitter-old-queen if ever there was one) came out to the arcade area no less that three times. Twice to yell, 'Find a booth, gentlemen!' and once to knock on closed doors saying, 'Your light is off; drop some quarters!' Since we don't like being treated like misbehaving children, we left."
Example of patrons who have lost site that cruising is supposed to be about fun and pleasure:
>> "Lots of traffic around the booths, but it is smoky and queens will cock-block what you're chasing if they can't get you."
* Public Locations
A cruisy rest area just begging to be busted:
>> "There were several cars and pickups so I took to the trails. There were 9 guys all sucking, fucking and rimming each other. About half had all their clothes off. This was 11 am. I was told that at 6 pm it becomes one big orgy. You can see by the 100's of condoms this has gone on for some time."
A cruisy toilet that shows a savvy cruiser using common sense in making judgments:
>> "Stall layout is pretty good; you can do it under the stalls with fairly low chance of being seen. Weekday action is sporadic in stalls all day long until 7 or so. Same on weekends. Weekday lunch times usually provide someone who is interested in getting off, but traffic can be so heavy with interruptions that you and your partner may need to be really patient to get off."
Being too blatant can ruin a scene:
>> "The steamroom is notorious here. I have been a member of this chain forever and have visited tons of Bally's all over the US. Most of them have gotten wise to the steamroom action and have moved the steamrooms to the coed pool area. This place still has them in the men's locker area. I have actually done groups of 4 or 5 guys in here before."
Sasha Rose Dogging - 20 min